- More fun facts about the Mississippi River for kids!
- Minnesota Historical Society Activity book on Minnesota and the Mississippi Valley Fur Trade.
Questions to ask:
- Who lived on the Mississippi River first? What kids of people came later? Why?
- Make a list of the different ways the groups disucssed in the exhibit used the Mississippi River.
- Find out which states and cities the Mississippi River runs through. Where does it start? Where does it end up?
- What are some ways people still use rivers today? How does this differ from the ways people used to use rivers? (Hint: think about fishing, boating, and travel).
- What are some benefits to living close to a river? Why do you think so many cities and towns develop around rivers?