L. L. May & Company - St. Paul, MN
Established in 1883, L. L. May & Co. were florists, nurserymen and seedsmen. The original business was located at Como Avenue and Elfelt Street, less than a mile from the Minnesota State Capitol. “Northern Grown” became a catch-phrase for the company’s products, as it did for several other Minnesota and Dakota-based firms. For a short time they also used the phrase “Grown in the Golden Grain Belt of the World.” In the 1915 catalog, they claim to be “one of the largest horticultural establishments in the United States, comprising, as it does, three businesses: Wholesale and Retail Seeds, Greenhouses, and Nursery business.